Chaffinch Is Park

Janet Mehmel janmehmel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 22:11:43 EDT 2010

Based on yesterday's report I visited Chaffinch Is since I live only a mile
away.  Usually I visit several times in August before I finally see one of
the Emperors but today was quite different.  Immediately I saw a Red Spotted
Purple in the 3 small fruit trees nearest the parking lot. An Am Snout
appeared in the narrow area near the defunct telephone pole surrounded by
Hackberry trees. Then a Tawny Emperor flitted out and landed under a leaf at
eye level and stayed there for an hour.  There were at least 2 more Snouts
in the area and 1 additional Tawny Emperor that didn't afford such long
views.
janet mehmel