released my last monarch today

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Sat Nov 12 22:32:45 EST 2011

My last little one, female, was set loose today after she had a good drink
of sugar water off a cotton ball.  The only other of these ten late Monarchs
to readily take nutrition from a cotton ball was also a female. I released
her at about one pm, and hoped for the best for her.

I still have about 15 PVS caterpillars in various stages but my pipevine
has gotten really tough with the cold weather. A few did manage to pupate so
far, and about three more may make it into chrysalis. The rest might be too
small to finish out their development with the food I have left.

Interesting to see what happens.

Maryann in Niantic</HTML>