[Ctleps-l] Stratford Point recent sightings

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:33:42 EDT 2018

A slow start to the season but things are finally starting to pick up.
SWARTHY SKIPPERS are flying now with at least 5 individuals today around
the building and surrounding gardens (other areas on the property this week
as well including near the entrance and perimeter trails..) Loads of Wild
indigo Duskywings over the past few weeks thanks to the addition of last
years CBA Butterfly Garden and the lush Baptisia. Two flyby Giant
Swallowtails in as many weeks, and sporadic Red-spotted Purples and Viceroy
down by the entrance. Very fresh Broad-winged Skippers are out in mass with
numerous individuals feeding together around the building. Zabulon Skippers
are doing well this week with fresh males and females throughout the
property. A single worn Variegated Fritillary a couple of days ago found by
Bill Wallace. For me, one of the more notable sightings and only my second
for the property was a quick look at worn OCOLA SKIPPER in the CBA
Butterfly Garden about an hour ago.

Stefan Martin