[EAS]Nigerian Email Scam

pjk pjk at design.eng.yale.edu
Thu Mar 21 08:34:00 EST 2002

Subject:   Nigerian Email Scam

More on "419" scams from Nigeria, including law enforcement contact
information
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2002/03/14/nigerscam.DTL

> Mrs. Mary Mohamed urgently and confidentially needs your assistance.
>

> Her husband, a prominent Kuwaiti citizen, was murdered by Islamic
> extremists for condemning the terrorist attacks of September 11, and
> now, she says in her hastily typed e-mail, those same extremists are
> out to kill her.
>
> The situation is desperate, but you can help. All Mohamed asks is a
> letter of invitation so she can obtain a U.S. visa and your
> bank-account number so she can move the $40 million her husband
> secretly bequeathed her to the United States.

Variants of this have been flooding my email, as many as three per
day recently. If you have also been afflicted, this may interest
you.  --PJK