[EAS] A Quiet Zone

pjk pjk at design.eng.yale.edu
Wed Feb 4 19:35:00 EST 2004

Subject:   A Quiet Zone

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.02/quiet.html
The Quiet Zone
Cell phones, pagers, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth - the wireless revolution is
everywhere. Except here.

My colleague Alfred Ganz pointed me to this article about an
"electromagnetic retreat" and what it can teach us about our
wireless world. I enjoyed it so much I thought it worth sharing with
you.

Unique settings like the one described serve as vantage points for
larger perspectives on technology that we are usually too busy, too
"submerged," to realize.

All best,  --PJK

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that
created it."   --Albert Einstein