[EAS] Peer-to-Patent Project

Peter J. Kindlmann pjk at design.eng.yale.edu
Sun Jun 17 22:47:13 EDT 2007

Dear Friends and Colleagues -

Sorry for the hiatus, I was away on a trip to visit my son in
Atlanta, and to do some photography. At such times I minimize my
email interactions, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a vacation.

News of this patent-related experiment came my way through an IEEE
newsletter. Considering the patent system is as broken as health
care, any quest for improvement should be welcome. I get the feeling
though that this may be another instance of "user empowerment,"
meaning the user bears the burden, and no substitute for tighter
patent policy and more trained patent examiners.

    --PJK

(partly excerpted from <http://www.todaysengineer.org/>)

For details see <http://www.peertopatent.org/>, and, probably more
usefully, <http://dotank.nyls.edu/communitypatent/>.