A very practical question regarding Japanese electricity supplies

Gavin Rees garees at gol.com
Thu Dec 31 23:44:44 EST 1903

Hi Jasper,

First step is to read the back of the power supply that you have. On it it
should have a range of voltages it will accept. Japan is 110, and Europe
mostly 240V. You will need to check the frequencies too.

But most power supplies for video cameras are rated to work everywhere. ie
They say on the back 100-240V 50/60 HZ. So all you have to worry about is
getting the right kind of plug.

All the PAL designation means is that it won't be able to send a picture to
a standard Japanese NTSC Tv.

The minidisc is more problematic. I had to buy a new power supply for my
Sony one, when I came back to Britain for the UK.

All the best,

Gavin