Scorsese versus Sanjuro

Antonio Santos santosa
Wed Apr 8 05:08:31 EDT 1998

I have read a new about two forthcoming Scorsese?s projects. Both remakes:
He is working at present on a new version of Kurosawa?s Tsubaki Sanjuro
(without Meg Ryan, I hope!). When it is finished, he will try to remake
Ingmar Bergman?s Wild  Strawberries, with Gregory Peck recreating  the
old professor? s character.
Scorsese is looking to renovate his art with  films of the past, we could
say.
Antonio Santos