Japanese films being "Hollywoodize"

Alan Kita alkita
Wed Apr 8 14:26:11 EDT 1998

Since I came online after talking to someone (in person) about Japanese
films, and Godzilla and Shall We Dance, when she mentioned a film "Wings
of Death" becoming "City fo Angels" I didn't have time to check or
question it...so I could have been mistaken, I'm sorry.  Having been
bombarded with commercials for "City of Angels," in the City of Angels
(Los Angeles) I does seem unlikely that the story could have been lifted
from a Japanese film...but I will have to look further in Wim Wenders
film.  It does seem to me that it is possible that a similar story
exists in classical (or Noh) literature.

Alan