introduction...

Marion Klomfass klomfass
Fri Aug 7 21:49:28 EDT 1998

>I may as well kick off with a query.  One of my favourite films is
>'Maborosi' by Hirokazu Koreeda.  The IMDB says Koreeda has directed one
>other, 'Without Memory'.  I've never seen it.  Is this likely to be
>released in Europe at any point?  Is Koreeda working on any other films?
>Where can I go for info?
>
>Thanks....
>
>Richard

The International Film Festival Rotterdam/The Netherlands has shown WITHOUT
MEMORY this year. Look at http://fest98.iffrotterdam.nl/eng/catalogue.html

I`m new on the list too. My name is Marion Klomfass and I`m a student of
Film(theorie) at the University of Frankfurt a. M./Germany. I also work as
a AVID editor and as a co-organizer and programmer for the filmfestival
`exground - das filmfest? in Wiesbaden/Germany (November 13-22, 1998) (look
at  http://www.screenlink.de/exground/). Since several years we`ve a little
section  in our festival programm with Asian and especially Japanese Films.
We`ve shown the films by Kitano, `Marks? by Yoichi Sai, `D.A.N.G.A.N.
Runner? by Sabu etc. This year we`ll show `Postman Blues? by Sabu and
`Kichiku? by Kazuyoshi Kumakiri and maybe `Cure?. I`m a really beginner in
Japanese films, I do not know much films, but I`ll become an adorer and I
feel really enthusiastic about this mailing list, because it`s very
difficult to get some information about Japanese films in Germany.

Marion