Kore-Eda's AFTER LIFE

gregory starr gstarr
Sat Dec 19 03:57:08 EST 1998

As far as I know, Koreeda got his start as a documentary filmmaker,
with Telebiman Union, with several good documentaries that were shown
on Fuji Television's late night documentary series, "Non-Fix," though
I think "Without Memory" was partly financed (and aired) by NHK.

"After Life" hasn't been released in Japan.  It is scheduled to start
it's run at Shibuya's Cinema Rise in March--of course subject to the
success of earlier scheduled films.

If anyone's interested, I'd be glad to post (in Japanese) a taidan that we
ran in last
month's Japanese edition of Premiere between Koreeda and Chen
Yu-hsun, the Taiwanese director of "Love Go-Go."

Greg Starr