Making Stills from Video Tapes

Alan Makinen amakinen
Sat Feb 28 14:36:04 EST 1998

Charles Shiro Inouye wrote:

> Could anyone advise me about the best way to get high quality still images
> from video tapes?  What have people found to be the best software and
> the most effective methods for capturing stills for use in publications?

I don't actually do this myself, but other people on staff at the press I
work for do. The software they use to capture video stills is Adobe Premiere.
We use a high-end Macintosh with AV capabilities, to which a VCR can be
directly connected. I don't know that this is the best way to do it, but it
is one way.
--

Alan M?kinen