Self-introduction

Mile Films MileFilms at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 10:35:54 EST 1998

Dear Reglindis,

A side note on 'Hawai Maree oki kaisen' (1942). One of the cinematographers on
the film was Yoshimi Hirano. His only other known credit (and we searched
fairly extensively) was as Mizoguchi's director of photographer on 'Saikaku
ichi-dai onna.' Although he's listed as one of  Toho's top cameramen during
the war years, we can find nothing else about him and neither Kazuo Miyagawa
(Mizoguchi's cinematographer for most of his other films during those years)
or Yoshikata Yoda remembered anything about Hirano. If you run across
anything, we'd love to know.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video