Atsugi Taka and Prokino

Aaron Gerow gerow
Fri May 22 03:20:07 EDT 1998

David Hopkins asked,

>Can you recommend any good source(s) for information/commentary on this
>group? I'm a big fan of Taisho (and early Showa) proletarian literature, and
>many stories seem very cinematic in structure and technique.

One easy to access source is an interview Makino Mamoru and I did with
Noto Setsuo and Komori Shizuo, two other surviving Prokino members, in
_Documentary Box_ No. 5.  It is on the net at the following URL:

http://www.city.yamagata.yamagata.jp/yidff/ff/box/box5/en/b5en-2.html

Abe Markus Nornes's dissertation would be another great source in English.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center
Yokohama National University