Intro.

Dion A. Madrilejo dmad at umich.edu
Wed Sep 16 03:06:25 EDT 1998

Greetings,

My name is Dion Madrilejo and I am a 5th year senior taking Prof. Nornes'
Japanese Cinema class at the University of Michigan. Barring major
catastrophe, I will be graduating in May with a Bachelor of Fine Arts
specializing in Graphic Design from the U of M School of Art & Design. In
addition, I am a staff member of Animania, the Univ. of Mich. anime
society. Yes, I am a slavering anime fan (although I am not as much of
an otaku as some of the other staffers) and am actually working on a
personal anime related project.

The project in question is an anime CD-ROM which will hopefully give an
insight into anime; what makes anime what it is, genres, sample clips,
etc. However in addition to this I decided to add another section which
could be the death of me; an encyclopedic collection of major visual,
cultural and linguistic themes in anime ranging from things like
sweatdrops and mallets, to common words and phases and their usage, to the
significance of forgiveness, food, and hot springs. Yes, I am writing all
the content on my own so if anyone out there can recommend any reference
material on anime or Japanese culture, or is willing to lend any
assistance to me as I attempt to write this content by the end of the
calendar year; I would be most appreciative. I only ask that any
recommended text be in english since I cannot speak or read Japanese.

At any rate, hi everybody.

=-=-=-=-=-=-"We're like polar bears; very cute to look at-=-=-=-=-=-
"Stun settings are for       | Dion A. Madrilejo      dmad at umich.edu
people who can't commit"-JMS | www-personal.umich.edu/~dmad
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=but extremely efficient killers"=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-