AK

John-Bruce Jones jbrucejones
Thu Sep 17 10:15:30 EDT 1998

To all:

The death of Akira Kurosawa was among the most shattering blows to the
world of cinema and myself personally.  There's not much I can say about
his work that has not already been said in one place or another, and
frankly, his passage leaves me relatively speechless.
He was a true artist, and was one of the very few filmmakers who have
the ability to unite the planet through the work.  If everyone knew his
work, I feel the world would be a much better place.
Anyway, as bad as I feel about K's death, his body of work remains as a
testament to a real visionary to be viewed and enjoyed again and again
by all of us, our children, and their children.  Kurosawa will
certainly never be forgotten.

Bruce Jones