introduction

Damon Lee dtl6 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 26 21:14:46 EDT 1999

My name is Damon Lee, and I am a student at Cornell University in Ithaca,
New York.  I am finishing the second year of my doctorate in music
composition.  I am interested in the film music of Toru Takemitsu, and
would like to know if anyone could give me advice as to where I could go in
Japan, where I could see scores and/prints prints of all of Takemitsu's
films.  I have access to some, but not all here.  If there is such a place,
could someone let me know?  My dissertation topic is tenatatively centered
on the works of Takemitsu, but I am also interested in getting to know
other Japanese film-scorers throughout the course of my research.  I am
working on a grant proposal that would enable me to spend about six months
in Japan doing this work, and would appreciate it if someone could point me
in the right direction.

DAMON LEE
206 PROSPECT STREET APT. #4
ITHACA NEW YORK 14850