Love Letter approaches US$5m Korean B.O.

Aaron Gerow gerow
Wed Dec 8 21:16:23 EST 1999

>Does this make it the most commercially
>successfully Japanese film in Asia (outside Japan)?

We'll see, but I suspect that the most successful Japanese-made film
outside Japan (probably including Asia eventually) will clearly be
_Pokemon: The First Movie_ with a current gross of over $80 million in
the US.

But then one does get into sticky details: the Pokemon film was
"Americanized" with a new score and rewritten script.  Does that not make
it more an "American" than a "Japanese" film?  But isn't Mononoke similar
(albiet much less doctored).

Aaron