Introduction and question.

Max Schaefer Max.Schaefer
Tue Jan 5 04:38:38 EST 1999

        Hello.

        I have been lurking on this list for a couple of weeks,
        and found it very helpful, so I thought I may as well
        make the apparently obligatory self-introduction. My name
        is Max Schaefer; I work at the British Film Institute in
        London. My job is largely taken up with editing programme
        notes for the National Film Theatre (where the biggest
        successes, last year, were a major Mizoguchi
        retrospective -- pretty much entirely sold out -- and a
        smaller Ozu one, as well as a large season of Imamura's
        films). I also work on a huge database of film and tv
        information maintained by the BFI. I spent a year
        studying Japanese intensively (in the States) and have
        forgotten nearly all of it, much to my shame ...

        That's probably enough intro. I also have a question -- I
        have seen a few postings mention a 'Japanese movie
        database' available on the Web, but have been wholly
        unable to find it. Can anyone point me in the right
        direction?

        Many thanks, and best wishes for the end of the
        millennium.

        MS