Introduction

Roland Domenig roland.domenig
Mon Jan 18 08:16:55 EST 1999

Hello everybody,

I've been following the list for a few weeks now and I think it is time
to introduce myself.
My name is Roland Domenig and I am currently working as assistant at the
Institute for Japanese Studies, University of Vienna. My major field is
sociology with a special focus on popular culture studies. Regarding
Japanese cinema I am particularly interested in problems of censorship
as well as in the representation of sexuality in Japanese films. I
published some related articles and am now continuing my research on
pink eiga. Starting from March I will  have a class about some special
aspects of the Japanese cinema.
Beside my academic work I have been associated with the Vienna
International Filmfestival, which is among the minor film-festivals in
Europe but which in the last years was very active in introducing films
from Japan (about 80 movies in the last five years; the whole range from
classics, indies, documenatries, pink eiga to experimental films, as
well as some tributes).
I am looking forward to exchange informations and experiences with
people with a similar interest,

Roland Domenig