Satchi and "Female"

Aaron Gerow gerow
Fri Jul 23 02:59:56 EDT 1999

>(I can't believe an
>intellectual like you-know-who would admit to watching "all the morning wide
>shows"!)

Aaargh!  I have been unmasked!

But no, I actually don't watch all the morning wide shows.  (I have
morning classes to teach and a son to take to day care).  But on some
mornings when I'm not taking Ian the Norimono Hakase off to day care, I
have about 10 or 15 minutes after 8:30 (the start of some of the morning
wide shows) to flip through the channels and check out what's going on.
The show I actually prefer is Hanamaru Market (TBS's alternative to the
wideshow), but then that depends on their topic of the day....

But it is interesting I feel like I have to defend myself.  Has my
masculinity been challenged?  My status as an intellectual?

Ah, there are so many meanings attached to involvement in popular
culture....

Aaron