ATG

Dick Stegewerns & Ingeborg Hansen bodiba
Mon Nov 29 17:36:36 EST 1999

> Usually at Rotterdam FF. all the films are subtitled in English.
>
> eija

This is not completely true. Those films that will be released in Holland
sometime later in the year often have Dutch subtitles, but in the case of
the Japanese films showing at next year's edition I guess only Takeshi's new
film already found a Dutch distributor. Anyhow, just check the programme
beforehand. It clearly says what language the subtitles are in, so you will
not find yourself enjoying an unvoluntarily lesson in Dutch.

Dick Stegewerns

Centre for Japanese and Korean Studies
Leiden University
P.O. Box 9515
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands
Tel. +31-71-5272551
Fax. +31-71-5272215
Email: bodiba at xs4all.nl

> At 09:26 AM 11/29/99 +0100, you wrote:
> >This is outstanding. However, as a British Japanese cinema fan living in the
> >Netherlands, I'm wondering if, as is the case for most foreign language
> >films, these films will only be subtitled in Dutch or will we get English
> >subtitles as well. Until I learn Dutch, foreign language films in the
> >cinemas here remain a closed option for me.
> >
> >Jasper

Aalsmeerweg 97-3
1059 AE Amsterdam
The Netherlands