One Piece!

J. M. Hall jmhall at gol.com
Sun Sep 5 03:55:22 EDT 1999

>Has One Piece or Dancing with Hydra been screened in Japan?

I am not sure about screening details in Japan, but for otherS on the list,
One Piece, is a collection of shorts that were made over a number of years
in a collaboration between YAGUCHI Shinobu and SUZUKI Takuji.  I've heard
there are over thirty shorts in total, each of five minutes.  Hence the ONE
PIECE that has been subtitled and is being screened is only a partial
representation of the full series.  Each piece is made with a stationary
camera and shot in one long take without cuts or editing.  Having only
heard about them and not seen them, I'd be curious to hear your impression.

Jonathan Hall