Kinema Junpo's dictionaries

Valerie Dhiver-Sugiura dhiver.sugiura
Sun Sep 5 18:01:05 EDT 1999

Just a few comments referring to a mail posted by Stephen Cremin at the
beginning of the week regarding Kinema Jumpo's dictionnaries.

The Kinejun Directors' dictionnary I was referring to some time ago is the
1988 version. Altough I don't have the latest version, it seems that the
1988 version has more comprehensive and analytical texts for each director,
than the latest version.

For those who live in Tokyo, you may try to ask the following bookshop
specialized in second-hand books about cinema and theatre (they also have
scripts). If they don't have it on the spot, you can ask the owner to look
for it and to contact you
in case of luck (the owner is quite a peculiar character who seems to have
lived all his life among books, old posters and photos of film stars):
YAGUCHI SHOTEN
Kanda, Jimbocho  2-5-1
Tel: 03 3261 5708