Kinema Junpo's dictionaries

Ono Seiko and Aaron Gerow onogerow at angel.ne.jp
Mon Sep 6 02:41:37 EDT 1999

>YAGUCHI SHOTEN

Just to remind people, there is a guide to bookstores in Tokyo (and one
in Osaka) which specialize in film books on the Kinema Club site (it's a
bit old and needs to be revised).  Yaguchi is only one of several used
book stores which have a lot of used film-related books.  And while I
don't want to harm someone's business, I do also advise people to be
smart consumers when looking for used film-related books: prices can vary
widely even among specialty stores.  There are plenty of exceptions, but
Yaguchi does have a reputation for being expensive.  Definitely go there,
but go there with knowledge of what the going rate is.

Speaking of bookstores, if people know of other good film bookstores in
Japan not on the Kinema Club site, please tell me.

Aaron Gerow
Yokohama National University
KineJapan list owner
For list commands: send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html