Reviews

Steven Spinali spinali
Tue Sep 28 17:47:12 EDT 1999

spinali at postmark.net

AbeNornes at aol.com wrote:

> Obviously, it there is great desire out there to read more reviews. I'd
like
> to remind people that Kinema Club is meant to serve as a "ba" for these
kinds
> of desires. In fact, according to our logs, Aaron's reviews are among the
> most requested pages. Many sites are linking directly to reviews when they
> discuss individual films in various contexts. For this reason, Aaron's
> suggestion that putting REVIEW in the title would obviate the need to put
> them online (because we do have the archive available) is probably not the
> best solution in the end.
>
> We are on the verge of putting the new and improved Kinema Club online.
> Predicting this kind of discussion, I've configured the reviews section in
> such a way that we can easily add new reviews from other people. I have to
> admit I've thought about asking Mark and other people to contribute their
> work to Kinema Club, but have resisted because of the time it would
require.
> However, until now I've been doing most of the code "by hand," and just
> recently purchased a software package that can make page creation and
> updating the site pretty painless.
>
> Aaron has been doing his own pages, and that it ultimately the easiest.
> However, I'm offering my services to anyone who would like to start their
own
> reviews section on Kinema Club. (Mark are you listening?)
>
> Markus

Markus,
There's some mind-reading going on here (or maybe this has been in
the air for a while). I was just planning to create my own site
incorporating my own extensive reviews/critiques and contributions
from anyone interested. However, a KinemaKlub production seems much
more sensible to me, especially given the need to centralize the text
already written. I'm excited about the future result.
Steve Spinali