Query: Kamei Fumio

Steve Clark clark at u.washington.edu
Sun Apr 2 16:49:18 EDT 2000

The East Asian Library of the University of Washington in Seattle has a copy
of Kamei Fumio's "Onna hitori daichi o yuku" which should be available via
interlibrary loan.  It's part of a large collection (80 or so videos) of the
Shochiku Home Video Best Collection series that our library purchased
recently if you're looking for other films from that era--most are prewar.
(n.b. none of them are subtitled)

--Steve Clark

p.s.  A quick self-introduction:  I'm a graduate student at UW studying
modern Japanese literature and film.  My interests include:  avant-garde and
experimental film (Terayama Shuji, Wakamatsu Koji, Tsukamoto Shin'ya),
politicized film (Yoshida Yoshishige, Oshima), and influences of the first
European and American films imported to Japan (The Student of Prague,
Intolerance, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, etc.) on Japanese literature and
film production.   Recommendations and dialogue on these topics are always
welcome...