Seven Samurai on DVD

graham lincoln graham
Thu Jan 13 03:39:06 EST 2000

> Does anyone have any comments about the region 2 (U.K.) DVD
> release of Seven
> Samurai?  It's currently available at www.dvdworld.co.uk, in 16:9 format,
> mono and "unenhanced", which would suggest it's not the original aspect
> ratio.  Any information would be appreciated.

sorry for the delay in replying to this, but I had to check with a friend as
I don't own a copy of the disc myself. Its an excellent transfer, although
why they would list it as 16:9 I don't know, since its just in its normal
academy ratio.

Incidentally, if you're reading this Lang Thompson please write re: The
Puppetmaster/ The Big Parade

regards

graham