Call for papers

Abe' Mark Nornes amnornes
Tue Jan 18 10:43:43 EST 2000

I am still looking for essays for the Fall 2000 issue of Animation Journal.
Please contact me if you have anything you'd like to submit.  I am also
doing a last call for papers related to United Productions of America (UPA)
animation studio.  I am editing an anthology on the studio and have several
papers completed and in the final stages of editing.  If you have any work
on UPA that you'd like me to consider, please contact me privately via
e-mail (furniss at chapman.edu).

-- Maureen Furniss

CALL FOR PAPERS - Animation Journal

Flexible deadlines for Animation Journal submissions are the same each year:
January 15 for the fall issue and July 1 for the spring issue. Manuscripts
should be double-spaced and follow the Chicago style manual. Papers are
blind refereed, so the authorユs name should not appear on the body of the
manuscript but only on an attached cover sheet. Papers will not be returned
unless postage is provided.

Send TWO copies or one hard (paper) copy and a copy on a computer disk
(preferably in a Microsoft Word file).

Because the Editor receives many papers that deal with American classical
animated features (more specifically, Disney features), she encourages work
in other areas. Experimental approaches are welcome and if an author finds
it useful to offer readers examples on video cassette or computer disk, such
arrangements will be considered.

Editorials, reviews, discussions of works-in-progress and other non-refereed
submissions are also welcome. Of particular interest are graphic essays
(drawn panels with commentary), as well as primary documents of historical
significance that could be published with an introduction. The Editor is
happy to respond to proposals and general queries, as well as writing at any
stage of completion. It should be noted that contributors to Animation
Journal are not paid for their work, though they do receive free and
discounted copies of the issue in which their writing appears. They also
retain the copyright to their work, after first-time publication by
Animation Journal.

For more information, contact:

Maureen Ruth Furniss
Editor, Animation Journal