Soundtracks

Paolo Bozzola p.bozzola at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jun 19 19:42:10 EDT 2000

Hi to everybody!
This is my first message on this list, so, first of all, I'm going to
introduce myself.

My name is Paolo Bozzola, I'm an Italian student. I'm specializing in music
composition at the Turin University. My final degree thesis is about
Japanese anime soundtracks.
I'm fond of Japanese culture: I appreciate very much the way Japanese music
creates a deep inter-cultural link, allowing a western musician like me to
perceive the logic of a culture I could hardly understand through
rationality alone.

My research is finally leading me to Japan: this summer I will fly to
Tokyo, in order to live some time there and collect original material for
my work.
It would be extremely important, for me, to interview some Japanese
composers, like e.g.:
- Joe Hisaishi
- Kenji Kawai
- Kikuchi Shunsuke
- Yoko Kanno
- Shoji Yamashiro  (Geinoh yamashirogumi)
- Yokoyama Seiji
- Mitsuo Hagita
- Watanabe Takeo
- Norihiro Tsuru
- Matsuyama Yushi

It has been 'till now incredibly difficult to find their address and to
contact them: if any of you has suggestions on how to help me, please
contact me as soon as possible.

Obviously, if anyone is interested in the subject of my research, I will be
glad to provide as much information as I can - or simply discuss with you
on this topic.

Thank you in advance!

Paolo Bozzola.