early reviews of Ozu's films

amnornes@umich.edu amnornes
Fri Jun 30 17:48:33 EDT 2000

I very much doubt that they would fax you anything, as they are terribly
understaffed. You'll have to go to the Film Center (or hire an assistant to
go in your place). The Film Center has recently put bound volumes of Kinema
Junpo and (I think it was) Eiga Hyoron in the reading room, so anyone can
enter and use them freely. I don't know their copying policy, and they only
room of their library for film and theater, you'll actually find xeroxed
indexes for Kinejun's reviews. That will save you some time. You can also
get a hold of many other kinds of magazines besides Kinejun, both pre and
postwar.

Markus