Flieger lecture

Lorenzo.Torres@quierotv.com Lorenzo.Torres
Thu Jun 29 11:10:02 EDT 2000

I'm very interested in this lecture. Unfortunately, I live in Madrid so...
There's any posibilitie of getting a wrote transcription of this lecture.
May be it could be interesting for the author given that I colaborate in a
semestral spanish magazine (Trama & Fondo, Revista Cultural) focused in
some of the authors he will talk about. Please, let me know what do you
think about this.

Best Regards.

Lorenzo J. Torres
Manager PPV & Deportes
P? de la Castellana, 83-85, 28046 Madrid
91 202 45 63
91 202 45 87 fax

                    Aaron Gerow <gerow at ynu.ac.jp>
                    Enviado por:                          Para:   "KineJapan"
                    owner-KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio        <KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.ed
                    -state.edu                            u>
                                                          cc:
                                                          Asunto:      Flieger lecture
                    29/06/00 03:59
                    Por favor, responda a
                    KineJapan

This small event will be taking place at YNU next week.  Interested
people should contact me or Prof. Muroi.

A Special Lecture!

The Age of Paranoia or the Global Village?
Panic Culture in the New World Order

by Prof. Jerry A. Flieger (Rutgers University)

Date/Time: July 5th / 16:10-18:10
At Room 302 (Conference Room) / International Student Center / Yokohama
National University

Jerry A. Flieger is a professor of French, Comparative Literature, and
Cultural Studies at Rutgers University (USA) specializing in
psychoanalysis, cultural studies, gender studies, and poststructuralist
continental theory, especially theorists who deal with the philosophical,
psychological, and aesthetic aspects of the emerging global culture in
the new century.  Right now, she is writing on Slavoj Zizek, Gilles
Deleuze, Paul Virilio, Jean Baudrillard, Donna Haraway, Avital Ronell,
Sherry Turkle, J-F. Lyotard, and Jacques Lacan.

The lecture will be presented in English without Japanese translation.

Contact person: Hisashi MUROI (045-339-3457, hmuroi at edhs.ynu.ac.jp)

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center