No Subject

Nevetsgnow@aol.com Nevetsgnow
Tue Aug 7 10:38:29 EDT 2001

Introduction
My name is Nevets Gnow. I am a cinephile, I make art and on occasion teach
art and art theory at various institutions in the UK. I was born in
Singapore, went to school in Los Angeles and now reside in London.

My interest in Japanese Cinema has spanned several decades. Due to the
difficulty in the availability of getting sub-titled videos - I have not been
able to view as many films as I would like, as a result I am constantly
looking for sources to purchase Japanese films.

I have recently discovered that Japanese Cinema was instrumental to the
formation of film studies as an academic discipline / object of knowledge
(Kurosawa, Yoshimoto, Duke Univ. Press, 2000) and became very interested in
the relationship between the dominant episteme and Japanese Cinema.

I look forward to engaging with the rest of KineJapan. Thanks Nevets Gnow