Japanese Literature on Screen

Roland Domenig roland.domenig
Tue Aug 7 14:22:29 EDT 2001

There are several TV-dramas and -series based on Miyabe's novels (directed
by among others Furuhata Yasuo and Sawaii Shinichiro), but CROSSFIRE was the
first adaptation of one of her novels for the cinema.
Last month NHK aired the series FUSHIGI SOSHI based on short-stories by
Miyabe.

Asada Jiro's short story LOVE LETTER was first published in March 1996 in
the literary magazine ORU YOMIMONO.

Roland Domenig
Institute of East Asian Studies
Vienna University