Kiyoshi Kurosawa DVDs / "Freeze Me"

Don Brown the8thsamurai
Wed Aug 15 05:02:00 EDT 2001

A quick note for all the Kurosawa Kiyoshi fans: Pioneer is releasing "The
Excitement Of The Do-Re-Mi-Fa Girl" and "The Guard From Underground" on DVD
in Japan later this month.  No word on whether English subtitles are
included, but as they look like standard packages I wouldn't hold my
breath.  The "Pulse" (Kairo) DVD to be released at roughly the same time
does have them though.

Just as an aside, has anyone seen Ishii Takashi's "Freeze Me"?  I think I
read a review of it a while back by Mark Schilling, and I just caught it on
video the other night.  What a nasty piece of work, although Inoue Harumi
gave a quite brave and gutsy performance.  What do the rest of you think?

Don Brown