Fuyuhiko data wanted

Ito, Michiko mito
Wed Aug 15 11:39:39 EDT 2001

Fuyuhiko was one of the characters in a TBS drama ZUTTO ANATA GA SUKI DATTA.
I found a (personal) webpage dedicated to this drama, and the information
(summary of the drama, book information, staff and cast information)
included in this page may be of interest to you.

http://www.ab.wakwak.com/~mcqueen-kyoto/index2.htm

Although I did not watch this TV drama, and though I was in the United
States when the drama was broadcasted in Japan, I heard that it was a big
hit in Japan and "Fuyuhiko" became an adjective of "mazakon (mother
complex)" men.  Perhaps contemporary weekly magazines published articles on
Fuyuhiko-like men.  Also, Sano Shiro, who played the role of Fuyuhiko,
became a popular actor as a result of the extreme popularity of this drama.

Michiko Ito
Japanese Studies Librarian
East Asian Library
University of Kansas
TEL: (785) 864-4669
FAX: (785) 864-5311

-----Original Message-----
From: pgedalge at etu.utc.fr [mailto:pgedalge at etu.utc.fr]
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 5:56 PM
To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Fuyuhiko data wanted

Hello,
in a newspaper published in 1993, I read something about a serie TV starring

Fuyuhiko (I don't know if it is the name of the character in the serie or of

the actor) presented as the Japanese Woody Allen. Could someone tell me more

about that? I am also interested in the fact that this character has no
sexual
relations and seems to be a good example of the sexless phenomenon.
Thanks.

                        Pierre Gedalge