Japanese pop band movies

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary
Thu Aug 16 08:35:53 EDT 2001

In recent years, Morning Musume's PINCH RUNNER springs immediately to mind,
but historically (1950s - 1960s) you should find lots.  I'll let someone
with more knowledge answer that one.

Someone once wrote to this list for help with her thesis on Japanese
musicals.  Did that ever emerge?  I'd love to read it and hope part of it
has been published somewhere.

Incidentally, anyone in UK should tune their videos for Toei Video's NO WAY
BACK on Channel 5 tonight at 9pm.  Toyokawa Etsushi in his prime alongside
Russel Crowe, Helen Slater, Shimada Kyusaku, etc.

Stephen