Some news (Japanese remake of Korean films)

luc van haute LukVH
Thu Aug 2 09:26:30 EDT 2001

Actually, the musical "Katakurike no shiawase", one of the new Miike Takashi
films of this year (shot in April in the Shochiku Studio's in Kyoto, as Tom
Mes already reported), is a remake of the Korean film "The Quiet Family"
(Kim Ji-woon, 1998). It is produced by SEDIC International. Considering
Miike's reputation we may of course wonder whether the term 'remake' will
still be appropriate. The Korean original is not a musical for one thing.

Luk Van Haute