AW: GOHATTO IN KANSAS

Roger Fischer roger.fischer
Sat Feb 24 07:56:15 EST 2001

Hi there

I just went on Shochiku's GOHATTO Page. I've seen the film some time ago and
really liked it.

Now I am interested to know more the font type of GOHATTO - the kanji as
well as the romaji.
Does anyone know this font? Or does anyone know where I could get these
fonts?
Thanx for any hints.
Best regards
Roger

Dear KineJapan subscribers,

Though many of you live outside of Kansas State, I would like to let you
know that the Center for East Asian Studies will screen GOHATTO (TABOO) for
free as a part of its Asian Film Festival.  This film is English subtitled.

Time and Location: Saturday, March 3, 3 pm
Spencer Museum of Art Auditorium, University of Kansas

Based on the novels by Shiba Ryotaro, SHINSENGUMI KEPPUROKU and MOEYO KEN,
Oshima Nagisa (IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES, MERRY CHRISTMAS MR. LAWRENCE)
explores duty, sexuality and betrayal in Shinsengumi, the famous special
police force in Kyoto.  At once humorous and tragic, GOHATTO challenges our
stereotypes of life in feudal Japan.  Beat Takeshi stars as Hijikata
Toshizo, and Matsuda Ryuhei, the son of late Matsuda Yusaku, plays the part
of Kano Seizaburo, whose beauty causes jealousy, rivalry and suspicion among
Shinsengumi members.

A discussion of the film with KU professors will follow the screening.  For
the detailed information of this film, please visit GOHATTO homapge:
http://www.shochiku.co.jp/gohatto/

Sincerely,

Michiko Ito
Japanese Studies Librarian