Crouching Tiger

a0322267 bodo.schoenfelder
Tue Feb 27 21:03:44 EST 2001

After reading some of the mails about Ang Lee's film, I want to mention
my experience with this film. I only saw a German dubbed version, in a
big cinema, where most of the audience obviously knew at least the
Martial Arts films. They laughed too at several points. Partly maybe
because the 'philosophy' sounded too American. Partly because many of the
jumps etc looked too artificial in the sense: Let's show the audience,
with no regard to what should be functional for the film. And it wasn't
helped by the editing.

Bodo Schoenfelder