Sony Pictures in Japan?

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary
Fri Jul 20 07:29:52 EDT 2001

There's also Sony PCL which is more involved on the Asian film side of
things.  I don't have their promotional blurb to hand.  Every year they give
an award at Pusan IFF and then I think help fund the director's next
project.  For example, they put money into Park Chul-soo's KAZOKU CINEMA and
possibly the new film by Song Il-gon (director of short THE PICNIC which
competed at Cannes).  Perhaps also Nelson Yu's PUSAN STORY and a Fruit Chan
project ... there are so many Fruit Chan projects.  Maekawa that heads that
up is a regular on the festival circuit.

[Please correct the above if there any misconceptions.]

Stephen (wondering who is going to play ASTRO BOY...)