JIN-ROH

Don Brown the8thsamurai
Thu May 10 01:33:16 EDT 2001

>There are titled copies of JIN-ROH floating around ebay, if you are not
>adverse to that outlet. The copy I got was fine, and cost 19.99 if I
recall.
>I've seen them at lower starting prices.

At that price, I say grab it.  Jin-roh costs a hefty 12,800 yen over here
in Japan.  Lots of supplemental material (including a book), but no subs.
One of the few DVDs in Japan to cost almost as much as the video.
I didn't actually think it was that great anyway.  One of those cases where
a story that would work great as a short seems to have been stretched and
padded to make a feature.  Shame they didn't adhere more to the source
material, a manga short story series, published as "Hellhounds" by Dark
Horse in the U.S. Minimalist anime anyone?
Don Brown