WORST FILM

Robin Gatto robin
Tue Nov 6 09:53:56 EST 2001

Dear Kinejapaners

As the year's drawing to a close, we might start conducting our best and
worst film poll! (quite childish, isn't it?)

It's sad to say, but the worst film I saw this year was Junji Sakamoto's
Another Battle (at the Rotterdam Film Festival), botching an interesting
subplot about Korean/Japanese yakuza friendship through too much dialogue
and pose.
Quite sad given that Sakamoto's previous film, Face, was truly delightful.

As for the best Japanese film, I'd like to infuriate some of my fellow
Kinejapaners with a most controversial choice: Eiji Okuda's An Adolescent!

Call me a lecher...

Robin