television archives in Japan??

sdeboer sdeboer at usc.edu
Sun Oct 7 23:55:37 EDT 2001

Greetings everyone.  I'm wondering if anyone would have a sense of the
"state" of television archives in Japan.  Where might they (if any) be
located?  And what levels of access would they allow?  Are there any
universities or other organizations that hold fairly good collections on
television?  At the moment, I'm primarily concerned with dramas/etc linked
with NHK (I suspect that they might have their own archives?), but any
kind of answer to my above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Stephanie DeBoer