Jun Ichikawa Makes It To CD

Michael Kerpan kerpan at attglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 23:11:32 EDT 2001

On Thursday 25 October 2001 21:17, you wrote:

> Here's a link to my five-star Japan Times review  of "Tokyo Marigold":
>
> http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?ff20010516a2.htm

Thanks for the link.

> The film is more than "OK" -- it is as lyrical and passionate and
> accomplished as anything Ichikawa has done, which is saying something.

Well, it looks like I need to save up my pennies for this DVD, after all.  I
got "Ganbatte ikimasshoi" based largely on the review in your book -- so I
guess I'll trust you on this. ;~}

Am I correct in thinking this is the first Jun Ichikawa DVD release?  Do you
know whether his earlier films ever came out on video (priced for consumers,
not rental)?  I haven't found any hints online, so far.

By the way, are there any plans for an updated version (or a volume 2) of
your Contemporary Japanese films?

Thanks again,

Michael Kerpan