Gakko No Kaidan

Tom Mes china_crisis at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:28:02 EST 2001

I discovered this title while looking for Kiyoshi Kurosawa films on the
Tsutaya website. With four directors credited (Shinobu YAGUCHI, Norio
TSURUTA, Akira OGATA and Kiyoshi KUROSAWA), this looks like an omnibus film
or collection of tv films. Here's the URL:

http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/item/movie/ve_ks00000001.zhtml?pdid=10018152&srkbn=S

Kurosawa directed a tv movie called HANAKO-SAN in 1994. Episode 4 of GAKKO
NO KAIDAN is also called HANAKO-SAN. I know this story has been filmed
several times by different directors, so I'm left wondering if this indeed
Kurosawa's 1994 film finally receiving a video release. And if so, how does
it relate to the other three films?

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Tom

Midnight Eye
http://www.midnighteye.com