Japanese Devils

patrick Patrick.Crogan
Tue Sep 18 23:25:20 EDT 2001

The Chinese film, Devils on the Doorstep (Gui Zi Lai Le) dir Jiang Wen, 2000,
is a fiction film that also addresses the Japanese occupation of China. It is
the most engaging, multivalent, complex and confronting (as well as funny,
heartrending, brilliantly acted and scripted) film I've seen in a long time.
Has it made it to Japan?

Patrick Crogan