Naomi Kawase - impressions

Aaron Gerow gerow at ynu.ac.jp
Sun Apr 14 21:44:58 EDT 2002

Thanks to Guillermo and Giacomo for their impressions on the Kawase retro
at Alba. Thanks, of course, go to Roberta Novielli and Luciano Barisone
for organizing a great retro and to Kawase for being so enlightning. It
was a pleasure to participate myself--Kawase's lesson on her own work was
better than most film studies lectures I have seen--and it was indeed
nice to meet Guillermo and all the others at the festival. The catalog
was also quite impressive--if I could only read Italian!

I'm writing up an article on the festival for the Daily Yomiuri and will
post an expanded version of that on the list in a few days.

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center
Yokohama National University