Naomi Kawase - impressions

Roberta Novielli novielli
Tue Apr 16 04:07:11 EDT 2002

>Was there any news as to the availability of more of NK's work on video,
>DVD, etc.  Right now, the only thing I've been able to find is the not
>exactly hi-fi VCD of "Suzaku".
>
>Michael Kerpan
>Boston. MA

According to Naomi, none of her movies have either a video or a DVD
version, yet.

The retro on Naomi has been quite successful. For those of you who could
not come to Alba, here's a tentative schedule of the next screenings in
Europe

-- April 19 - Maison du Japon in Paris - Tsuioku no dansu
-- Naomi has also been invited as a member of the jury at Nyon in April. As
an hommage, they will screen Tsuioku no dansu.
-- In July, the whole retro  in France at the Musee du Jeu de Paume
(Paris), from June 4 to July 21.
-- Other screenings of Kyakarabaa and Embracing are scheduled in Frankfurt

Best,

Maria Roberta Novielli
Dipartimento di Studi sull'Asia Orientale
Universita' Ca' Foscari, Ca' Cappello, San Polo 2035
30125 VENEZIA (Italy)
tel. +39.041.23.48.841; fax  +39.041.52.42.397
e-mail: novielli at unive.it