yoko ono's films

Anne McKnight akmck at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 15 22:34:05 EDT 2002

Thanks for the suggestion, but no soap on either source. When you say 'they'
are available on the web, do you mean these distributors, or the films
themselves, in a less, uh, orthodox format?

But wait, it gets goofier still!  The super-careful curatorship of the
avant-garde pieces like Fly and Bottoms in the recent exhibition sits kind
of weirdly with the 2 new releases, 70s genre/B-films in which she stars.
Just when her rep was getting some traction on its own, without the leverage
of John/Sean/Fluxus, look out, along comes...Satan's Bed, a kind of
jaxploitation film, in which she plays a mail order bride.  Its companion,
Scare Their Pants Off, sounds deliciously tasteless, kind of an Andy Warhol
romp.  I mean I knew her voice had range, with its proto-noise free flights
& dry heaving and all, but I never knew about the camp dimension.  Both
films are available on DVD on Image Entertainment with lots of dishy
trailers.  I append the catalog copy: